Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Fontana UCI

The warm up for this race was much easier than most of the other races since I was racing booth Saturday and Sunday. Once the warm up was over I went over to the staging area to waitto be called in the start shoot. Once they let us in we have to look for our catigory sign and line up next to it. Except I couldn't find my sign. I road up and down the shoot looking for it only to find that it was siting on the ground next to another sign. I lined up in the front row on the left side so that I was lined up for the first turn good. On the line al of the racers moved the loose gravel around their tires so they didn't slip as bad.
Go! The race was on and I was some how out in front. I wanted to be near the front so I didn't get dropped but I didn't want to be the first person. There I was the first person into the first several turns and into the first two long straight flat sections and all the way up the firs climb. Now I was really confused, I didn't plan on being in the front that long. People started to pass me going up the next climb and after that. Going up the asfalt climb near the top someone that I have been racing since I was really little passed me and I made it a point to stay with him. We made it all the way up the technical climb and started the decent. He got a small gap on the decent but nothing that was to big to get back. We went through the start finish together and up until the asfalt climb I was with him. He stated to pull away more and more on the technical climb. Now I was fully hypoxic and totally exosted and trying to ride a steep technical hill was very difficult. I hit my petal on a rock and lost a bit of time. I got threw the rest of the lap not able to see the rider I wanted to stay with but doing ok.
I came threw going out on the last lap and my dad yelling from the side that I was in 14th place and I knew that there was four riders really close up in front of me.  Now my goal changed from stay with someone to get to the top ten. I gained several places going up the climb and saw what I thought was 11th place but was actually 10th place and tried not to lose any time on the decent. The decent at Fontana is very technical and bumpy. It is hard to ride on a hardtail on this section so all I focus on that part of  the corse is not losing time. I caught tenth place on the climb up to the final decent and passed him. He passed me back on the long flat strate on the back side. I stayed right behind him and on th last punch (short climb) he was Abel to pull away just enough so that it wasn't a sprint finish. I end the race in 11th place and I thought that I got 12th place.
Now that the race was over I was focuse on the next day of racing and peeping my legs. One of my sponsors in specific that helped me recover was Ryno Power. I like to use there vanilla protein powder to help me recover from any hard day of riding. A big thanks to all the sponsors of the SoCal Devo team, Ellsworth bikes, Rudy Project, Ftech cycling, Kenda tires, ESI grips, Scicon, gup industries, Ryno power, Ridefast, Sidi and ASG sports.  












No comments:

Post a Comment